About The Thorne Group
At The Thorne Group, Inc. Home Health Services, we know that the comfort and security of your own home are priceless.
Since 1995, our agency has helped thousands of area residents enjoy the comforts of home through a large menu of services ranging from light housekeeping to skilled nursing and therapy.
All of The Thorne Group, Inc.’s services are delivered by a dedicated staff of nurses, therapists, and aides. Since its beginning,
The Thorne Group has been a large scale provider of services for the Area Agency on Aging and the Pennsylvania Department of Aging.
Currently, over 1000 patients per year receive some form of home health service from our agency, and the number is growing.
The Thorne Group is Medicare certified and state licensed. Caregivers are carefully screened with background checks, employment verifications, references, and skills tests. All agency staff is supervised by our administrator, a registered nurse with over 20 years experience in home health care.
Headquartered in Youngwood, PA, The Thorne Group manages branch offices and staff located throughout southwestern PA, Westmoreland County, and Pittsburgh and Allegheny County.
People are our business. We expect our employees to have a pleasant attitude while treating our clients with respect and dignity. Our wonderful employees deserve no less from The Thorne Group. We treat our employees well. It's important to us that The Thorne Group has a friendly, family atmosphere.
"We do a monthly birthday celebration for everyone with a birthday during that month, we have a lovely catered Christmas party for the in-house staff with really nice gifts for everyone and an employee gift exchange, we laugh a lot and treat everyone well, and we talk about food all the time!", says Becky Thorne.
Salaried employees have 2 days of vacation per month plus 7 paid holidays (31 days/year), and health care is substantially covered by The Thorne Group. Nurses also receive other industry-standard perks.
Employee Perks for Aides
- Paid travel time.
- Cash bonus based on hours worked for full-time aides.
- $25.00 referral bonus to current aide when referring new aide for employment.
- $25.00 referral bonus to current aide when 2 NEW consumers accept services.
- CARING HANDS AWARD when aide is specifically mentioned for good customer service (certificate and gift card given).
- Christmas celebration with refreshments and gift for every aide.
- Regular paid in-service meetings w/refreshments, awards and door prizes.
- Flexible scheduling – hours are allotted based on aides’ needs (children in school, family illness, etc.).
- Additional pay (.50/hour) for emergency pickups.
- Free CPR/First Aid instruction. Free TB testing.
- Cash bonus when new consumers are taken and uninterrupted service provided (no aide call-offs).
- Yearly performance review with possible rate increase.
- Monthly newsletter which publishes significant individual and family events for all employees (birth, death, birthdays, etc.) and mentions any employee who has earned any type of recognition.
- Cheerful, respectful attitude demonstrated by management staff and nurses toward aides, many of whom say they’ve never worked in any agency where they’ve been treated so well.